TRANSMISSION

2001 SAAB 9-5

2001 Saab 9-5 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

2 issues, 1st car sometimes does not start, have replaced starter and ignition switch think this might be the transmission controller that I'll replace next. Second sometime transmission goes into 4th gear at stops and car has to be turned off and on to get into drive again also transmission light and engine light come on when this happens and they stay on for 3-4 days even if problem does not reoccur for a couple of days. This happens at least once a week now but was once a month when it first started. Are these two issue related?

Gregerhard

Hi there, this a bit hard to say but what I would do first is get the fault codes read, this will give you the source of most of your problems a s indicated by the codes that have set the check light, I would also be checking the transmission isolator switch of a fault.

Mhpautos