BODY PANEL ALIGNMENT

2001 Renault Megane

2001 Renault Megane 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 98,800 miles

My car was bought in march as a Catagory C insurance write off. The car itself is perfectly fine with the odd patch of rough idle. However the accident damage was repaired which most of it was external body work damage. Now the bonnet is out of alignment with the front wings and bumper. Can this be fixed or am I stuck with the bonnet being lower on one side of the car than the other? This is a project car so I want stuff to be as close to perfect as possible.
Manny_c

Hi there,

There should be an adjustable bonnet stop on each side, one may be missing, I suggest that you contact a panel shop as my data bas only covers mechanical items, not body alignment issues.

Mhpautos
Hey there.I just checked this and both sides have bonnet stops. Its the slam panel that is lop sided so im guessin a new slam panel is in order

Manny_c
Hi there,

Sounds like it, but it may be a good idea to get a panel beater to check it over as well, just so you know exactly where you stand.

Mhpautos