NO HEAT

2006 Pontiac Torrent

Heater problem
2006 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 53000 miles

I cannot get any heat. I have replaced the thermostat, which appeared open. There was no loss of fluid, there is no dampness on the passenger side or sweet odor, the blower works and it has not overheated or any trouble lights appeared. I have tried to back flush the heater core. It was suggested that the heater flap could be the problem, but I'm not sure how to get to it and what to look for. Any suggestions would be totally appreciated. I live in MI and the winter driving is tough without a heater.
Fdsav

Check the temp door, starting to see alot of these break. The shaft on the end of the temp door breaks. If it is the temp door you dont want to change it yourself, they blow to do, have to remove the whole dash and heater box to replace it.

Brian 1
Is the temp door the same as the heater flap? How would I go about checking it?

Fdsav

Fdsav
Yes they are the same, to check it I pull the actuator off the temp door and move the door by hand and fell if its broken or moves to freely.

Brian 1
Do I have to remove the dash to do this?

Fdsav
No you dont.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_door_1.jpg

Brian 1