STARTING

Pontiac Grand Am

I'm working on a 94 Pontiac Grand Am, has 130.000 miles, The tilt pins came out of steering wheel drop down an loose, took out ignition harness, to fix this I put my chest againist the steering wheel an wiggled it back in, as I was pushing an turning to get it back in I touched something around the ignition switch without disconnecting the battery, an gave a spark around the ignition switch, bought a new switch but still did not start, cleaned the battery post, I ran a wire to the harness switch to the battery an it starts that way but not through the key. No power to the radio, door locks, panel on the dash. I have power to the dome light, headlights, turn signals are on but don't blink, did not see a fuse link to starter. I put a wire to the positive an to any of the ones that don't have power have power this way but not the regular way. When I do this of the wire to the harness to the battery a clicking noise up on the left hand side of the engine, someone told me that there is a fuse box under the hood, could not find it but the one inside the car. Thanks abunch for your help an for others.
Johnnybravo

For One Your Starter Is Never On A Fuse. Would Not Handle To Amps. What U Did Was Probably Blew One Of Ur fuses In Ur Box. Check All Of Them. See If That Helps Ya Any Normally When U Ground Something Out It'll Just Fry A Fuse Instead Of Fuckin Something Up Espeacially Since U Said Ur Radio And Stuff Dont Work Thats What I Would Check