BRAKE GRIND AT END OF STOP

Pontiac Grand Am

Hello. My 2004 Grand Am recently went in for service (30,000 miles) and I was told that my rotors needed to be machined and were covered by warranty. This was done but I was also told that my front brake pads were worn. Having this done as well, I continued to hear a grinding noise at the end of every stop. I brought the car back in and they replaced the rear rotors for free. This repeated again so I brought it in again and after some phonecalls they replaced the front rotors as well. That's all great, but the grinding noise is still there. Anyone have any ideas? Or is this a fact of life with 4 wheel discs? Much appreciated.
Corey

Well if the pads are cheap they will make noises. And, since it was warranty, I'd expect cheap pads are the culprit. But if they changed just the rotors, then you'd have the same problem 2.

Canvis69@yahoo.com
Thanks for the response. However the pads were not under warranty, just the rotors. Both pads and rotors were replaced, and still the grinding noise.

Corey
After new rotors on front and back, and new pads on front all in Nov/Dec 06, I was told by dealership today that rear rotors were rusty and needed to be machined. They also recommended a rear brake service. With about 8000 km (about 75% highway) is this normal? I have a strong suspicion that the rear rotors were never replaced, just machined. Would they go before front rotors? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Corey