FUEL PUMP RELAY CHATTERING WON'T STAR

1995 Pontiac Grand Am

1995 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

I was driving my car and it just quit running, I sprayed starting fluid in breather it started so I figured it to be a fuel issue, so I changed fuel filter, was no change still no start, so I had it towed to my house, once home I tried to start it again but this time I heard a chattering or clicking noise from under hood I traced it to a relay, well I figured possibly the pump was bad, so I replaced the fuel pump, tried to start again same problem, no start and relay clicking constantly when key on, I can hear the fuel pump run run for a few seconds then the relay goes crazy, the clicking sound comes threw speakers when radio on and light by gear selector indicator blinking also, I read where I can jump or bypass the relay and make it run constantly so I did this and there was no change, when I did unplug the relay I heard a spraying like noise coming from the engine like air being sprayed up on top of motor where injector are located, when the key is on, but as soon as I plug relay back in the clicking noise comes back, thank you
Timbo1961

The computer energizes the fuel pump relay have you checked the wires between the two for short

Check the dark green/white if its shorted to the pink wire.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fp_3.jpg