CABIN FILTER

2002 Pontiac Aztek

Smells problem
2002 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 58,300 miles

i actually heard about a cabin filter and realized that might be the answer, to the smell when I turn on my a/c, and the diminishing blowing power out of the vents. So I ordered the cabin filters and went into my vehicle thru the glove compartment, and found the door on the back of the box. Opened it and to my surprise no filter in there at all. Altho I shouldnt be surprised with the problems I have had with pontiac and this vehicle. So I put the filter in it. It came with 2 filters, yet I couldnt fit 2 in there. Can u tell me if the 2 filters are needed, is there a way to fit both in.

thank u
Risa
Risa421

Only one fllter should be installed.

There is space for 2 filters. Put the first one in and slide it to the left and then install the second one. Also despite being designed to hold cabin filters, the diminished air flow can be attributed to a poor design, If you go to your gm dealer they have access to a product service bulletin to disable what is called a sub damper door that should increase the air flow.

Gmtech