HEATER STOPED WORKING HOW TO GET TO IT

2001 Pontiac Aztek

Heater problem
2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 124824 miles

my heater in my 2001 aztek would shut off and came back on and now it finely shut died I can here the vacume working when I tern the fan diles but the fan stoped working need help how to get the the fan need felp fast its winter and cold lol
Aztek1447

Passenger side behning the kick panel. Take a look, it's behind the carpeting and black kick cover. Not a bad job to do. Are you sure its the motor though and not the switch or the resistor behind the fan motor? You can buy a switch for it you know. Please don't listen to the dealer who will tell you that the switch comes as an assembly. There is a resistor pack for the fan speed in the ductwork behind the fan. It is very easy to replace once it is located. Usually there are either one or two 5.5mm screws holding it in place. Let me know if you need more help.

Vpedwards