REAR BRAKE PAD REPLACEMEENT ON AURORA

1997 Oldsmobile Other

I have a 1997 oldsmobile aurora with 140000 miles and I need to replace the rear brake pads, how do I get the caliper off the rotor? : X
Camer

REMOVE OR DISCONNECT

1. Two thirds of brake fluid from master cylinder assembly.
2. Raise vehicle and suitably support. Mark relationship of wheel to axle flange.
3. Wheel and tire. Reinstall two wheel nuts to retain rotor.
4. Bolt attaching park brake cable retainer to control arm. It is not necessary to disconnect parking brake cable from caliper parking brake lever or disconnect brake hose unless caliper is to be completely removed from vehicle.
5. Sleeve bolt.
6. Pivot caliper body assembly up. Do Not completely remove caliper assembly body.
7. Outboard and inboard shoe and linings from caliper support.
8. Two pad clips from caliper support.

INSTALL OR CONNECT
1. Bottom piston assembly into caliper bore. Use a suitable spanner type tool in piston slots to turn piston assembly and thread it into the caliper body assembly. After bottoming piston, lift inner edge of boot next to piston assembly and press out any trapped air. Boot must lay flat. Make sure slots in end of piston are positioned before pivoting caliper boot assembly down over shoe and linings in caliper support. Use suitable spanner type tool in piston slots to turn piston as necessary. Whenever installing new shoe and linings, use new pad clips provided in the disc pad kit.
2. Two pad clips in caliper support.
3. Outboard and inboard shoe and linings in caliper support. Wear sensor is on outboard shoe and lining. Sensor is positioned downward at the leading edge of the rotor during forward wheel rotation. Hold metal shoe edge against spring end of clips in caliper support. Push shoe in toward hub, bending spring ends slightly, and engage shoe notches with support abutments.
4. Pivot caliper body assembly down over shoe and lining assemblies. Take car not to damage piston boot on inboard shoe. Compress sleeve boot by hand as caliper body moves into position to prevent boot damage. NOTE: After caliper body assembly is in position, recheck installation of pad clips. If necessary, use a small screwdriver to reseat or center the pad clips on the support abutments.
5. Sleeve bolt. Tighten Torque to 27 Nm (20 ft. Lbs.).
6. Park brake cable retainer and bolt to control arm.
7. Wheels and tires, aligning previous marks. Tighten Torque wheel nuts.
8. Apply approximately 778 N (175 lb.) Force to brake pedal (after bleeding, if necessary) three times to seat shoe and linings against rotor.

Sdalton19