91 CALAIS BOGS OUT AND DIES

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

I just bought this car and it starts and runs fine for a few minutes, then when I come up to a stop light or sign it starts bogging down and eventually stahls out. It starts up fine but when I put it in gear it jumps and stahls. After waiting a few minutes I can get it in gear and I drove it back home, but this happened twice. I read somewhere it could be the TCC solenoid in the transmission. I heard you can test this by moving the electrical plug in the front of the trans. How far is it safe to drive without that plugged in, I havn't taken it on a test drive yet but would like to know, thanks.
Kingmwhy

You can try that. Don't drive it further than you need to identify if the problem is fixed.

To me it sounds like another tyoe of problem. Have you checked the fuel pump pressure? Are there any vacuum leaks? Has the check engine light ever come on?

Let me know.