TRANSMITION DOESN'T ENGAGE

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 198000 miles

Hi, as mentioned i have a 94 Achieva 3.1 litre, front wheel drive automatic. This summer i bought a new vehicle and this one stayed parked for about 5 months, starting it and driving it only a few times. I sold it to a friend of mine, and a week later, he tells me the transmition doesnt engage anymore. I never had any problems with either the transmition or the engin in the 2 years i had the car, it always shifted well, and there never seemed to be any slip in the gear shifting. It had good power, and the oil levels were always where they should be. What do you think could be the problem?? Transmition Oil and oil filter were never changed during the 2 years i had it, but oil was good color and levels were good also. Thanks

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/453593_Leftside_1.jpg

Sargent_Peper

It could be as simple as the shift cable has come loose, or motor mount.

Inspect shift cable and brackets, and also inspect fluid level with engine running. Check for loose motor mounts.

Problem is, you do not no how your friend drives the car.

Mmprince4000