CAR STALLS AFTER HEAVY RAIN....

Nissan Sentra

When there is a heavy rain my 1998 Nissan Sentra start acting weird. The next day after a rain storm, the car has problems turning over. It takes a while but once it eventually starts. It idles for heavy and does jerky movements. The RPMs go up and down when this happens. When you put it into Drive and accelerate the car stalls out. You can't accelerate too fast of it stalls every time. Only after about 20-30 minutes of this it stops. I assume cause underneath of the car it is dry now. I don't exactly know what is wrong with it. I have 114,000 miles and it is an automatic car. ? My service engine light is also on, but has been for quite some time now and haven't always had this problem until about this past year.
Lynswil25

You need to find what codes are in the computer for starters.

Another easy test you can do is to start the engine and mist some water on the spark plug wires and see if there is a change in the runnability or any visable arcing.