WARNING CHIME

Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 98 Pathfinder. The chime to indicate that light have been left on no longer works. Any ideas? The dealer thinks it is $700 module.

Is there an aftermarket fix. I heard there is a chime that fits into the fuse panel.

Thanks in advance
GaryWhittaker

You'll find the chime module under the dash, it can be unplugged to stop the chime, yours has probably died.

Try replacing it.

I dont exactly know where it is located under the dash.
Thats what a workshop manual is for ; )

EXtremist
I have the same problem. No warning chime for lights on, key in ignition, etc.

Everything points to the Smart Entrance Control Unit (I guess that is the $700 module). However, when I took it to the dealer they pointed to behind the dash to fix the problem (investigate more) and that would be 2 hours of labor.

If there is a little buzzer/chime back there outside of the SECU it isn't well documented in the manual.

-dan

Fusecon
The shop manual for Nissan Pathfinder 1998, page EL-252, states the following: Warning Chime (located in Smart entrance control unit).

Fusecon