U1000 CODE

Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE and my engine service light is now turned on.
I went to my a good friend who has a dtc machine and he stated that the dtc code is a u1000.
Is this something that is under warranty and is this a big project?

Thank you,
AJ
Ajbeps

If your under 36,000 it should be warranty. It has to do with the Contoller area network (CAN) Communication line not making a connection with other module(s).

Since model year 2003, a growing number of domestic and import vehicles have been built with a new onboard communications protocol called CAN (Controller Area Network). CAN is essentially an engineering standard for how computers and modules talk to one another via the serial data bus in a vehicle's wiring system. It's a high speed standard designed for powertrain control modules, antilock brakes and stability control systems.

This is what SW is trying to tell you todays computing processors has more to it than a space shuttle. So much of technology engineering that in the future all techs must aquire a computer science degree just to get underneath the hood. That's why its so expensive for repairs now a days. This is the reason that backyard mechanics are fading away.

Your right Ras.
It really is astounding how the complexity has changed the last 30 years, not to mention the difficulty of getting information not to mention the correct information on these things. : Shock: Manufactures have to allow access to the information they have by law. As I understand it, bad information is released too. It is updated at a later time through a TSB. : Roll:

Yeap! Below will explain a portion of it and more to come within a decade

Until recently, car dealers were the only ones who had access to the tools and software needed to reflash PCMs. Thanks to the passing of Senate Bill 1146 in September 2000, vehicle manufacturers must now make this technology available to independent repair shops at reasonable cost.

Starting in 2004, flash reprogramming procedures must also conform to SAE J2534 standards that allow the use of aftermarket scan tools or similar pass-through devices.

Jess

Jess