SHIFTING HARD

1998 Nissan Maxima

1998 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

I have a Nissan Maxima with 185000 miles. The car runs great but it's been a few weeks since it started to shift hard. From experiences with other cars I do not believe is the transmission because it started all of a sudden not gradually as usual and this was confirmed by few mechanics. However, few have said that the problem is with the transmission selenoids and say they have to be changed. Another version given by a transmission mechanic was that it is nothing related to the transmission and that it is an electronic problem created by the remote starter that was put by a car electrician. The transmission mechanic said that supposedly a cable was damaged or altered when the starter was inserted so this makes the computer send bad signals and thats why the car shifts hard. I don't know what to do or who to believe so I need help, any opinion would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Frandy19

How long ago was the remote starter put in?

Legitimate007
Thanks for your reply. The starter was put 1 year ago

Frandy19
Thats strange, I would listen to the tranny guy. If this is a repair shop where this guy is from and he told you this at his place of business, then I would go with him, usually they will say anything to make some money even though its not necessary to do whatever it is that they recommend. But he is not trying to do that. He's saying that it has something to do with the remote starter. I would start by bringing it to the place that installed it and take it from there

Legitimate007