NISSAN MAXIMA EXHAUST PROBLEM

1992 Nissan Maxima

I was driving down a gravel road and bottomed out. Now my car sounds like there is no exhaust pipe. All of the noise is coming from inside the engine compartment. Is it possible that I knocked the exhaust manifold loose? Is this something I should try to fix myself or should I shell out the money for a professional to do this?
Lionpride

I know exhaust work is pretty common sense stuff if you have the right tools, so it depends. When I am looking for an exhaust leak, I listen for the source of the noise first, then I go with a trouble light to actually look for the smoke. If you are careful not to touch the exhaust parts while the car is running, you might be able to feel the flow of air once you've pinpointed a target area. If you can find the source of the leak, you might be able to tell from there whether or not it is repairable with regular hand tools.

Sevens