PLEASE HELP!!!

1998 Nissan Frontier

1998 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 168k miles

Hi. First off, I know little to nothing about cars, but I have a serious problem. I drive a 1998 Nissan Frontier pickup, 4 cylinder 2wd. I recently moved to Oregon from AZ pulling a small trailer, which was a little harder on the truck than I had anticipated. Now I need to get it registered in OR, which you can't do unless you pass a low emmisions test. There's no way that's happening right now. When I start it, and when I idle wispy fumes come out of not only the exhaust pipe, but the hood as well. I looke through the hood, and found that the airbox had oil in it, and so did the front-most sparkplug chamber. It makes the truck hard to start, and also causes it to die if I take a sharp turn at low speeds, like when parking. I have no idea what the problem is, so any help is greatly appreciated.
NAJ88

You need to have the valve cover gasket changed. Usually when you get your oil changed they over fill it causing it to pressure out from the weakest point which is the valve cover gasket. That will help with the smoke from the engine and keep a good idle.

Kevinlouiseaton