WILL NOT TURN OVER.

1990 Nissan 300ZX

1990 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

This is what's going on. When I turn the key into the accessory, the radio turns on and everything seems fine. When you go to start the car, there is no response. Nothing turns over, there are no clicks, there is absolutely nothing going on. Tried to pull engine codes, but the LED on the ECU doesn't appear to flash. I don't know what else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Marc.skerritt

Gives the impression of a bad ignition switch. Power is getting to it, but when moves it does not.

Without applying the break, I shifted from park to neutral and it started no problem. After driving around the block, and there car back in park, it started once again no problem. Neutral safety switch?

Marc.skerritt
That was I was thinking as I read that.

Need a diagram?

Please and thank you.

Marc.skerritt
Bear with me I hit a deer on Sunday and life got a little complicated.
I will be updating this...getting info

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_300zx_1.jpg

is tough sometimes.

I did a little research. And this is what I learned. There is a relay in the starter circuit, it is located behind the left hand inner fender above the plastic inner liner. Raise the car and remove the back half of the plastic inner fender and look up. Locate this relay and look at the diagram imprinted on the top of it. It is the large blue relay with two harness connectors that plug in to it. This is a real common problem. Substitute a jumper wire in the harness for the contact points of the relay. If the car now starts and you have voltage and ground on the coil side of the relay, then you need relay.