PANIC ALARM GOES OFF INTERMITENTLY

2001 Mercury Sable

2001 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

The panic alarm goes off at random on the sable. Especially in cold and wet, is there a specific fuse I can pull to turn off the panic cabability, or another way to disable it? I don't want to have to go to a mechanic to repair it, I just want my neighbors to not be bothered by a random beeping of the horn.
Davldavis

Car battery tends to be weaker during cold or wet times. Have your battery tested, making sure that it is still strong.

Your alarm system uses 5 different fuses that are tied in with other important system in the car, so removing any fuse will turn off the horn, but will render other system inoperative (one of them being the starter).

After the battery is tested being strong, if it still does the annoying alarm, just don't use the alarm. You can manually lock the car, jut use the remote to unlock. That will bypass the alarm.

Zackman