BATTERY DIED - WATER ON REAR FLOOR.

1999 Mercedes Benz C230

1999 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 93300 miles

My battery died completely and I had it replaced.

Since then my a/c-heater fan quit working and the drivers side window works only on holding down the button. All other windows work fine.

When it rains the passengers side back floor is getting very wet and only in that area.

I tried checking the sky light and the trunk but they look good.

I have no idea as to where the water is coming from but the radiator water is good so it doesn't seem to be coming from the heater.

A mechanic friend who doesn't work on Mercedes said that he couldn't find the leak either but he was sure that a Mercedes tech would have no problem finding the faulty leak.

TIA
Ray
Rayxoxo

The water you are speaking of sounds like a sunroof drain leak. At the rear and front of your sunroof assembly there are drains which channel water through the interior side pillars to the ground. If one of these becomes cracked or falls off the fitting it is attached to you will see interior floor leaks. I would say you are probably looking at a right rear drain tube that is the problem. This is a big job to fix and requires extensive disassembly of the interior. The headliner and all a, b, and c pillar trim will have to be removed. The parts cost will be minimal as the tube is not expensive, but labor is pretty high on these repairs because of the extensive disassembly. As for your window, hold the window switch in position 1 up(position 2 is the auto up function) and bring the window all the way up. Now hold the switch in this position for 10 seconds. Now lower the window fully and hold for 10 secs. The window should now be re-normalized. As for your fan not working, it is probably unrelated and you may just need a blower motor regulator to fix this.

Gfimotorcars