"HELLO. MY BATTERY WENT DEAD. I JUMPED OFF MY C 230 KOMPRESSOR AND NOW THE TRANSMISSION WON'T SHIFT WHEN ACCELERATING. IT WILL GO IN REVERSE AND DRIVE HOWEVER. WHEN I TRY TO TAP SHIFT THE NUMBERS DON'T MOVE ON THE DASH. ALSO THE S AND W BUTTON DO ...

2002 Mercedes Benz C230 • 100,000 miles

"Hello. My battery went dead. I jumped off my 2002 C 230 kompressor and now the transmission won't shift when accelerating. It will go in reverse and drive however. When I try to tap shift the numbers don't move on the dash. Also the S and W button do."
Kapone496

The computer probably needs to relearned its programs due to low battery voltage, also might want to check and test the throttle position and vehicle speed sensor-

Thanks for the reply. What exactly is re learning the computer?

Kapone496
The computer has to relearned its programs/memories to control the engine management system could be 50 cycles of start ups who knows to gain its memories back-