OIL LEAK INTO DASHBOARD AREA

1984 Mercedes Benz 300d

Interior problem
1984 Mercedes Benz 300d Automatic

My friend owns the vehicle and I am asking on his behalf. About two weeks ago he noticed oil dripping from the dashboard (instrument cluster and lights area) inside the vehicle but has not been able to locate the source. Any suggestions? He said he noticed a tube going from the oil pan area towards the dash area but not sure if that is the problem or where the tube connects to inside the dash area. Can you help us please. My email is jeff@whitesandbelize. Com we live in Central America so any assistance from your end is greatly appreciated. Jeff
Jeffwiener

I am glad this is an easy question, the oil gauge is a direct feed from the engine, your friend is correct, the little copper tubing is going to the back of the gauge, you may have to remove the cluster to repair, but if I were you I would reach up under the dash and try to tighten the nut behind the gauge.

Dr Loot