NO START NO SPARK

2004 Mazda RX8

2004 Mazda RX8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 19000 miles

Started yesterday to day dead batt. Charged batt- no start sounds like no compression just roll's over and sounds different. Heard a electric motor or something running with key off and determined ing relay bad replaced same and now nothing running or turned on with key off still no start and no spark.
Appreciate any help, never delt with rotary engine.
Thank You for your time
TJ
Tom970

Tom970.I have the exact same problem did you ever find out what was wrong with it I could really use the help

Mabele87
Mabele87 I don't know how this happened my problem is different but I'll try to answer your Q. 1. Check ing fuses and relays 2. Check compression if it's OK and there is no spark, check crank sensor if OK, change ing module under the coil pack. If the engine rolls over fast or like with no spark plugs in it then maybe the timing Chane has jumped a tooth and has thrown every thing out but it should still have some spark.

Tom970
Tom.I got it all figured out I flooded it really bad. I replaced the plugs and had to turn it over with the fuel pump fuse removed for almost an hour in ten second intervals of course. Yes thats right about an hour and killed my battery in the process but in the end it started thanks for the suggestions tho

Mabele87
Oh and im pretty sure that the rotery engines do not have a timing chain, they have no cam shafts

Mabele87
Mabele87 Sorry I have two Mazda's the Miata and the rx8 and when answering your question I was thinking or the Miata. But your right and I had the completely wrong engine. I did have the same flooding problem and when it happens you have to dry it out as you did or just hold partial throttle and crank for ever to clear it out and you might run the battery down in the process. If you hold full throttle it won't do any thing but add more fuel. I can't remember what else it sets in the computer but with full throttle it won't cleare the problem.

Tom970