SLOW ACCELERATION

Mazda Protege

I have a 2001 Madza Protege with 100,000 miles. Recently I had to replace the camshaft position sensor after the car completely stopped. The new problem is when I accelerate the car jerks as if it is straining or restricted. The car jerks often as I am driving. When I travel up a hill it takes a long time for the car to accelerate. It also does the same thing when I began to accelerate after I have come to a stop. I took it to one auto repair shop and they could not find a code for that problem. Do you have any idea what is the problem with the car?
Keepbox99

Sounds like the mass air flow sensor. Question? Does it idle fine and then when you try to accel it start puttting or jerking. Like if it was not getting fuel?

Mwhitney
Yes the air flow meter was an issue in those years or protege. If it is a 1.6L motor than it is likely. If it is a 1.8-20L it is not an issue (never seen a failure). Also did you just recently have your timing belt replaced?

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

Cosmo