HICCUPPING WHEN ACCELERATING

Mazda Miata

1994 Mazda Miata, 1.8L, 157,000 miles. Hi! For the past month the engine has been cutting out when I accelerate, like what happens when you give too much clutch and not enough gas when shifting, except this isn't during shifting and the engine never dies, it just. Well, hiccups. It occurs in any gear and is particularly annoying when I'm trying to pass on the freeway. So far, a) I have had the fuel filter replaced, b) the fuel pump has checked out fine on a pressure test, c) I've ran fuel injector cleaners through (such as STP), d) the spark plugs look great, and e) the air filter is clean as well. I'm running out of ideas with my limited auto knowledge. Is this less a problem with fuel and more with the electrical components? Do coil packs go bad? Thanks for any input.
Icyflame68

I have a 1990 Mazda Miata ~80000 miles and just started to experience the exact same problem about a week ago. Have you had any luck figuring out what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ksault
Check your throttle position sensor