POSSIBLE ELECTRICAL SHORT OR FUSE PROBLEM

1997 Mazda 626

1997 Mazda 626 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

I have a strange situation. While removing the passenger side sun visor for recovering I had to disconnect the lighted mirror connection. The mirror had been removed by a previous owner who must have just snipped the lead wires at the mirror and left them bare and hanging inside the sun visor. After I disconnected the plastic connector, I found that the radio won't power on and the interior dome light won't work. Also the automatic door locks won't go up or down when pushed at the thumb lock, unless the car is running. They used to open all the doors when the driver door was unlocked.

I've checked the fuses under the dash and the master fuses under the hood and they all appear fine. Any possible ideas of what happened?
Wkbx

Hi wkbx,

Thank you for the donation.

The room Fuse # 2 ( 15 A ) in left side of dash above kick panel powers all the items concerned. Recheck the fuse to see if it is blown or securely pugged in.

If yes, then you would have to use a test lamp to test if there is battery voltage. It should be hot at all times.