CLIMATE CONTROL PROBLEMS

2000 Lincoln Town Car

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

okay 1st off I had circuit city install a amp and subs to my factory changer and they messed something up bad! They ran a wire to my under dash fuse box not sure which one but I think it was the wiper one. Now my wipers only work on high and my climate control wont work at all not even turn on. Well I un hooked all they did and when I took the wire out the fuse box the climate control came back on and worked for about 2 days and now it wont do anything at all. I checked all the fuses and nothing was wrong I replaced the blower relay and nothing and today and yesterday I noticed when I have had the car on for awhile the screen on the climate control comes on but it wont work its like its frozen? Please help me figure this out no heat in the winter sucks bad! Email me or call me ez_187@hotmail. Com or 859-445-5181 now ive seen that after the mayhem of this bad hookup job the filler door for gas wont open with the switch, the windshield wipers only work on high, the climate control dont work, the windows wont go up sometimes for a few mins, id say the screwed me! HELP
Estanfield23

With the wipers and the EATC out, you'll need this car put on a scanner that can two way communicate with the modules, "B" codes will be present, in the mean time check fuses 1 and 6 inside the car. And if you can figure out what they tapped into to power it, post the info. Check accessory fuses 1 and 2 under the hood in the battery junction box.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_tc_1.jpg

If there is any life in the EATC Try this and post any codes displayed.
Run the self diagnostic test on it by turning the key to on, then press off and floor at the same time, then within 2 secs, press auto, If there is a problem a trouble code will appear on the display...To exit self test, press the BLUE, cooler button this also retains error codes, To erase code and exit, press defrost, choose one of these before you power down the system... Test with engine at 120 degrees or more, and cabin between 40-90 degrees.Post any codes recorded here and I let you know what's defective...

Merlin2021
I tired the pressing the off and floor button and it kicked back on after all that time thats what I was? I hope thats all it was! If so THANK YOU I been freezing my ass off all winter

Estanfield23
Well sometimes sending it to diagnostics kicks it in gear! But what about the other issues?

Merlin2021
The eatc is back on but the radio still sounds very low like its only comin from the back and I checked the settings the fade and all that and it was fine and the fuses are good. I dont understand I was gettin gas and I heard it get quiet and then from then on its been like that. And the filler door still wont open and the wipers still only work on high. HELP

Estanfield23
Lets take the negative battery cable off, remove the Circuit City parts, make sure the radio has all original connections, look in the trunk too, see if they used any new wire harnesses in there and remove them, and plug back into the manufactures plugs, then re attach the negative cable, then get back to me with the results.

Merlin2021
Okay I did that and still nothing still the same?

Estanfield23
At this point you need to scan it for " B" codes, these may or may not turn on the check engine light.

Merlin2021