CLIMATE CONTROL PROBLEM

1999 Lincoln Town Car

I have a 1999 Lincoln Climate Control Problem in that after the car has run for a while the AC doesn't want to blow cold air through the dash ducts and it sounds as if the air is being obstructed and doesn't want to blow out of anywhere!

If I shut the system down or set it manually for the front ducts and send the temperature up to 90 then back down to 70 it will then work properly for a while then the same problem happens again!

I'm thinking either the climate control module is bad and loosing vacuum or could it be a blend door or something else wrong?

Thanks,
Dave
Deputylynch

Unless I'm missing something, no codes come up when doing as you requested!
I only get the auto and temp. On the display!

Thanks again,
Dave

Deputylynch
I don't think that it would be a filter problem since when the air is directed throught the ducts it seems OK.

It just won't continue to flow through the dash after a while!

Please foward the details on how to pull the codes.

Thanks again,
Deputy Lynch
dlynchjr@yahoo. Com

Deputylynch
No email has been received please resend directly to dlynchjr@yahoo. Com.

I'lll have to find out about the cabin filters existence and then try to remove it!

Thanks again!

Deputylynch
Just checked with Lincoln; no cabin filter from 1998 - 2003.

Thanks again,
Deputy Lynch

Deputylynch
When I do the Self Test it doesn't show any codes after cycling through; but if I do the Continuous Codes Test it shows 24 then 16 then -- !

I don't know if this means anything or not?

Thanks again,
Deputy Lynch

Deputylynch
Wouldn't just jumping this switch tell if it is a problem since it would show closed all of the time?

If I pull it won't I lose freon since it goes into the sealed system?

Thanks again!

Deputylynch