STICKING FRONT BRAKE

1990 Lincoln Mark VII

Brakes problem
1990 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

I recently purchased a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII (LSC). This car has not been driven much by the previous owner during the last 4 or 5 years and I have noticed that the front passanger brake sticks after driving only a short distance with regular brake use. I just changed the front brakes and that did not resolve the problem. I have checked the caliper piston and it is definately sticking but I'm not sure if it is a result of a bad caliper or deteriorated brake hose? Any ideas/suggestions?

Note: I have opened the bleed valve with piston in the stuck position and there doesn't seem to be excessive pressure release from the caliper nor does that release the piston.
Harkel

I have the same problem. A well known shop(burning rock) caused the problem. The antilock sensor is kicking on. It only happens to me when I take a right turn into a parking lot. Eventually your antilock bracks will take a long time to charge and then fail because they are over used.

Mark-user
If it made no difference with the bleeder open, you can rule out ABS problems, brake hoses or Master cylinder. It sounds to me like the caliper piston is sticking.

You need to have the calipers rebuilt, but make sure to have steel pistons installed. Your car probably has the phenolic pistons which are well known as problems waiting to happen.

BLUECOLLAR