OIL ON SPARK PLUG AT CHANGE

Kia Other

We took our 2001 Kia Sportage to Advance because it was idling and running rough. Thier computer shown that number 1 cylinder was miss firing. I had replaced spark plugs and then the wires over a year ago for the same problem and after the wires were replaced this fixed the problem. To day I changed the spark plugs and while changing I noticed alot of oil on the last plug near the firewall. It ran fine for 10 miles the the rough running developed again. This car has 128,565 milles on it. I figure this spark plug is fould out again. What does this excessive amount of oil mean or possibly mean.
Thanks,
Dallas
TOOLMANDAL

Not sure what engine you have, but I assume the plugs are are surrounded by the valve cover. If so replace the vavle cover gasket and the spark plug hole seals.

Have the same prob. Oil with my spark plug. I hope you dont mind me asking how much did you spent to have it fixed?

Gereli74
I have a 99 sportage and I have the same problem would like to know about how much was it to get that problem fixed also.

Shanadawson
Call your local shop and ask for a quote.