RIP OFF?

2002 Jeep Liberty

2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Hello, I just got a 2002 Liberty from my mother and I took it in to a transmission place to get a transmission flush. I mentioned that it has been revving a bit when you start it in cold weather. After doing some diagnostics they found a T-case leak and say it is going to cost $1000-$1800 to fix! I find it a little coincidental that I happened to take it into a transmission specialist because I had a coupon for a flush and they find something seriously wrong with the transmission. How do I get a 2nd opinion without letting on what was previously found? Any suggestions? Is this BS?
Vivan16

Hi there,

Take the car to another transmission workshop, and ask for a test & report on the transmission, say that you are thinking of purchasing the car, but are unsure about the transmission.

Mhpautos
Maybe even take it to an independent shop and have it diagnosed. I really have a lack of faith in " transmission shops". Seems to be too many rebuilds needed that are not needed. IMHO.