JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110, 00 miles

Hello I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee and when I start it it turns over for 3 seconds then dies but when I start it and give it gas it will stay on until I remove my foot from the accelerator then die so when I start it and put it in reverse or drive before it dies it will stay on but die a couple blocks away unless I warm it up by leaving it in park while I give it gas for about 3to 5 min then turn off and on again and quickly put it In reverse I'm confused because there are no check engine lights coming on please help thanks
Barnescody

You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech