BLACK SMOKE

Jeep Cherokee

I have a 2000 GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L with 120,000. I changed the plugs in it about a month ago and shortly after I noticed black smokoe from the exhaust when ever I would really give it some gas. I read up and learned that it could be caused by wrongly gapped plugs so I removed them and checked the gap. The gap were larger than the required setting so I corrected the gap all all 8 plugs but the smoking continues. One interesting thing I noticed while regapping the plugs is that all 4 plugs on the passanger side looked brand new but all 4 plugs on the driver side were covered in black soot. Any suggestions?
Summerspop

Change the 02 sensor on the offending bank, running too rich!

Merlin2021
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try and let you know.

Summerspop
OK. And please vote and donate!

Merlin2021
I was looking around about the O2 sensor and you said to replace the O2 sensor of the offending bank. The diagram I found shows one near the front of the exhaust and one after the CC, which one should be replaced?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/72843_oxygen_47_1.jpg

Summerspop
Front one.

Merlin2021