ELECTRIC FAN

2001 Jeep Cherokee

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

under normal operatin conditions, should the electric fan " run" at all times that the a/c is on? My fan does not come on with the a/c engaged. I have jumpered it, and the fan motor is ok. I keep loosing freon, & one of the local shops said that it could be that the system is overpressuring due to the elec fan not coming on. They replaced the relay and pressure switch, but the freon leaked out again. I put dye in the system, and with the black light, I can find no trace of a leak. So, back to square one. Is the over temp scenario possible.
Bravedave4141

Ok if the leak is not noticable with a black light on the outside then the leak must be with the evaporator core on the inside. I would have a shop put some freon in it and use a sniffer (freon leak detector) and sniff out the inside in the vents and so on and verify that the evaporator core is leaking it also could be the lines going to the evaporator too. As for the fan it should run with the ac on or the defrost on if not then you need to find out why it is not coming on. As for it overpressurizing the system no it can not that is what the high pressure cut off switch is for. Thanks and let me know how it goes.

Racefan966