RADIATOR FAN COOLING IS NOT WORKING

1999 Jeep Cherokee

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

My jeep fan cooling is not working but it is not overheating only smell something burn. I replaced the temperature sending switch and the cooling fan relay. Now my engine light is always on, try to disconnect the battery it work for few days and the engine light check is back again. Please tell me what to do before I go to the shop or the dealer. I want to fix this if I can do it by myself. I appreciate any help. Thank you Sergie Hernandez
Sergie1047

Could be faulty engine coolant temp sensor. Since engine light is on, take to local auto part store and ask them to scan your vehicle for trouble codes. Most auto part stores do this for free.

Bluelightnin6
Hi, First Thing To Check Is The Fuse To the Cooling fan. If That is Good, See If the Cooling fan Comes On When You Put On the a/c. If It Does come On The Fan motor Is ok. There Is A fan module That goes bad In jeeps At the time, That Module Is a dealer Item. Only. That module Is Behind The right Front headlight, On the Fender well. Sometimes It Is better to Remove the Front Bumper To Get Access to it. There Is a test in the Snap On Modis Scanner For it. To Turn It off and on.

Hope This Helps you,
Good luck
Edward S.

Edward.S