OCCASIONAL STALLING PROBLEM.... MAFS???

Jaguar XJS

Hi,
I own a 1994 XJS 4.0 litre 6cylinder wih 78,000 miles. It is a mint condition car and truly a joy to drive. However, it tends to stall following stopping at a stop sign or light. It sputters and dies. Ill restart it and the same thing happens until I can get it to accelerate go and then it smooths out often with no more problems until it sits for a period of time and then drive it again.
I am assuming that my Mass Air Flow Sensor is the culprit but I would like to be sure before I purchase one to swap out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Playajw

Hello, have you checked the throttle body to see if it is dirty. With the car cold check the throttle pot, were the cable conects to the throtlle body. If it sticks when you are tring to move it. It will need to be cleaned with some cleaner. Also if you think you have a maf sensor problem, you can unplug it and the car will still run and drive. But it will possibly turn on a check engine light. If it does just disconect the battery and it will go out. Let me know if this helps.

Fstranger302