SERVICING

2001 Jaguar S-Type

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Jaguar S-Type 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I changed the A/C compressor, reciever dryer and serviced the A/C system on a 2001 jaguar s-type. There are no leaks in the system, and I added the correct amount of oil in the system. The problem is when the system is running with the vent in recycle mode the A/C cools really cold about 25 degrees cooler, but when the vent mode is turned to fresh air mode the A/C doesn'; t cool very good it gets about 12 degrees cooler. Also the high and low side pressures goes very high, but in vent mode while the vehicle is driving it seems to cool a little better, can you help me with this problem, thank you
Kooltrini

A/C System
The A/C system is a multi-piece, single case design, with an integral blower. The system allows the operator to control the temperature by delivering heated or cooled air to maintain a constant temperature. In addition, during A/C operation, it reduces the relative humidity of air inside the vehicle. Controls are provided to adjust the temperature and system functions, included blower motor speeds for desired airflow. Outside air is drawn from the cowl air inlet just below the windshield during all system operations except for MAX A/C cooling (when recirculated air is used) and off. For additional information on the air conditioning, refer toAIR CONDITIONING.

Dave H