JAGUAR S-TYPE DOOR PROBLEM

2001 Jaguar S-Type • 130,000 miles

The heat in the car very seldom works, if anything we get cold air blowing on both sides. The 3 hoses going into the cabin are all hot. We tried unplugging the HCCV to get full heat but still cold air. Tried flushing the system to no avail either. Please help very cold winter.
Jamboolia

Check to see if the blend air door is working properly. It is located near the heater core and if it doesn't open, you won't get heat.

It does open and shut.

Jamboolia
If you are saying the heater hoses are hot, that tells me the core is hot. If the doors are open, you should be getting heat.

Well we are still not getting any heat.

Jamboolia
Think about it, If the core is hot and the blend air doors are in the right position, you have to get heat. Something tells me that the blend air door is not in the correct position.

So is there a trick to checking the blend door if it's working correctly?

Jamboolia
Adjusting the temp settings should cause it to move.

Ok I checked again for the blend doors working and now I don't hear them working. How do I fix the blend doors?

Jamboolia
You first need to determine if the actuator is broken or disconnected.

Ok how do I do that exactly?

Jamboolia