TRANSMISSION SLIPPING

2000 Isuzu Trooper

2000 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

My transmission started is slipping. Three weeks ago I had my EGR ports cleaned. Four days after the work was done my transmission started shaking upon going into 2nd gear. Yesterday the transmission completely became sluggish and hesitated to pull while automatically going into 2nd gear. Could the EGR cleaning have affected the transmission? There were no know problems to transmission prior to the egr work
Bjallen623

I also have a 2000 trooper and I am having the same problem as you. Changed my EGR valve and then started having problems with my transmission. Have you had any luck in fixing the problem?

Watson45
I also have a '00 Trooper that has a slipping transmission. It started one morning in -15 degree weather and I thought it was just the cold, but it's been happening ever since.

I haven't messed with the EGR, but I can't really understand how that would affect it.

Squarelogo