THERMOSTAT HOUSING REMOVAL

1994 Isuzu Trooper

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 185k miles

What are the steps need to be done to remove the thermostat housing from the block. It appears that the whole intake manifold needs to be reoved to get to the housing bolts.
Rmoran

Hello and thanks for the donation!

REMOVAL:

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Drain the coolant into a clean container so it can be reused.
Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
Unbolt and remove the thermostat housing. If necessary, remove intake manifold to gain access. Remove the thermostat and its gasket.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c1528006245a_1.jpg

INSTALLATION:

Clean the sealing surface. Use a new gasket and install the thermostat with the spring toward the engine. Torque the thermostat housing mounting bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
If removed, install intake manifold assembly.
Connect the radiator hose to the thermostat housing.
Refill and bleed the cooling system.
Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine and add coolant as needed until the level stabilizes below the radiator cap.
Install the radiator cap and check for leaks.

Bluelightnin6
Iam not trying to replace the thermostat or the termostat cover. I am having to replace the termostat HOUSING that attaches to the block, underneath the intake manifold. I was hoping to get instruction steps on how to best do the job.

Rmoran
Yes. Once the manifold is removed from the rear of cylinder heads you will be able to remove and replace the housing.

Bluelightnin6