OIL IN WATER

1992 Isuzu Trooper • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

I have a izusi trooper 3.1 bighorn just put brand new head and gaskets on it but there is still oil in the water can u help cheers
Stuart605

Does it have an engine oil cooler?

Wrenchtech
Am not sure had a look but didnt see it if it has 1 where would it be thanks

Stuart605
There will be 2 additional hoses going to the radiator.

Are you sure you got all the oil out in the first place. That's not easy to do.

Wrenchtech
Not realy sure as got a friend ti clean it out there is only the top hose and the bottom hose on radiator do u think it would be better ti clean it out whats the best way to clean it out thanks for reply it was doing my head in thought the new head would have sorted it

Stuart605
I have used dishwashing soap to flush them before. Just be sure to get it all back out so it doesn't suds up on you.

Wrenchtech
How long has the engine been running after repairs?
Was the cylinder head pressure tested for cracks when it was out?

When the head gasket was damaged or during repairs, water could have gotten to the crankcase and draining would not remove all. A little running would clear out the water if the head gasket job had solved the problem.

If you get oil in the cooling system, it's not going to come out on it's own. You need to use a grease cutter to break it down and flush it out.
You said you put a brand new head on it. I hope you didn't do just one side on a V6.

Wrenchtech
Sorry, missed that as water in oil. Yup, dish washing fluid is a good flushing agent.

It has only 1 head a left it to run for 15 20 mins a will try that in the morning hope that works thanks very much

Stuart605
Drive it around with that soap in there and then flush it out real good with water and then replace the coolant.

Wrenchtech
Page 1 of 2