QUESTION HIGH IDLE

1998 Isuzu Rodeo

1998 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

just had my power steering pump replaced, now my idle is between 1600-1900 rpm. Any thoughts?
Griff207

Too fast an idle speed. If an engine without computerized idle speed control is idling too fast and refuses to come down to a normal idle speed despite your best efforts to back off the carburetor idle speed screw or air bypass adjustment screw (fuel injection), air is getting past the throttle somewhere. Common leak paths include the carburetor and throttle body gaskets, carburetor insulator spacers, intake manifold gaskets, and of course, any of the engine's vacuum fittings, hoses and accessories. It is even possible that leaky O-rings around the fuel injectors are allowing air to leak past the seals. Another overlooked item can be a worn throttle shaft and a defective idle speed speed control valve/motor stuck in the extended (high idle speed) position