QUESTION COST OF OIL LEAK REPAIR

1996 Isuzu Rodeo

Engine problem
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103, 50 miles

I recently bought a 1996 Rodeo for my son. Today we took it to get the oil changed at a Valvoline Quick Change and was told there was a significant oil leak (" at the bottom near the the transmission" ). The technician said it was a very costly repair, but could not even estimate how much it would be. They also indicated there was also a small leak at the head gasket. I'm planning on having it fixed, but because I do not know what to expect I'm afraid not being familiar with a fair repair cost, I'll get ripped off as I have been in the past. Could you give me a ball-park estimate of what to expect for both repairs?

Thanks!
Dstbird

To be honest the guy at quick lube probably is not experienced at this. Most likely the rear main seal he said was leaking, its probably not. I also doubt your head gasket is leaking. Have your local mechanic check it out, it could be as simple as a oil pressure switch or oil filter housing o ring. Hope this helps

Mastertechtim