QUESTION RUNNING HOT

1996 Isuzu Rodeo

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

My rodeo seems to run hot and the water disappears and I have changed thermostat 3 times and it still runs hot. I cant understand why it runs so hot. And this has been happening ever since I changed a idel pulley. I followed the steps in the book, can anyone help please.
Wnathan67

You have to go back in and recheck the tensioner and idler pulley

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_pulley_2.jpg

So you are saying I should redo the idler pulley thing. I have been outside trying to figure out how to flush radiator. Not really sure how yet. But I am running water through the top and its coming out at the bottom, I hope thats right. I dont see how thats flushing, cause it goes from top to bottom quickly. AM I doing something wrong? And what do I need to check about idler? I am not understanding what it is what I need to redo. Thanks
p.S. I just took laptop outside and my engine does not look like this picture, very confused now. At the top is a big wheel, them to the right is a little idle pulley, then next is powersteering, then goes to the bottom around a big one then back up to the top. Oh I just figured something out. The pully I changed must not be an idler pully, not sure what it is called. But this pulley has a screw that adjusts it up and down, to tighten and loosen, and right next to the power steering pump to the left, Is that the idler pully, and my engine is a sohc.

Wnathan67
Try adjusting the alternator tension the cooling fan could be slipping

What do you meant by putting water on top and its coming out of the bottom-is it from the radiator-explain

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_alty_79.jpg

Yes I was putting water in top of radiator and it comes out at the bottom, I went and bought a haynes rodeo book and the thing I changed was adjustable idler pulley. And the picture you sent first is behind all the stuff in the front, the picture you just sent is what I am seeing. The adjustable idler pulley is what I changed because it kept squealing making loud noises. The parts house didnt give me one identical to mine but I got it to work. Tomorrow I am gonna take radiator out and pray I dont mess nothing up. I am so glad I found this book and some help. Thanks

Wnathan67
First the first picture you sent was my engine, internal section, and the seciond one doesnt look like mine at all. And today I got the water hose and shoved in the radiator and filled it full. I quickly heard a drip, drip, drip slowly coming from oil pan cover (front). I then cranked engine and let it warm up. When I first turn the vehicle on it always makes this squell noise. Then stops. But after warming up, I discovered ALOT of water dripping from somewhere in front of the engine, dropping down to the oil pan cover then to the ground. SO, I am assuming this means water pump. Also while under vehicle I noticed valve covers leaking oil, and power steering pump leaking. So I am gonna save up a little each month and buy all parts I need and do an engine overall. Change valve cover gaskets, water pump, timing belt, and power steering pump. I have never done this kind of work, BUT I bought a Haynes Auto Book on this vehicle and gonna follow each step carefully. I will place updates as I complete each task. But it seems my overheating issue was the Waterpump from the beginning when I heard the sqeally noise and the adjustment idller pulley didnt needed to be changed. It was the Water Pump going out. Thanks for trying to help, And hope you have a great 4th of July.

Wnathan67