QUESTION ENGINE STALLS

1995 Isuzu Rodeo

1995 Isuzu Rodeo Question 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 141000 miles

Just replaced my head gasket, and think I got everything back togrther right. Car starts OK, but stalls as soon as I stop pumping the gas. Maybe I got a vacuum line hooked up wrong?
J. Hollar

It sounds like the EGR valve could be engaged while the engine is at idle, Please disconnect the vacuum line to the EGR and retest. Get back to me with the results so we can continue. Thanks for using 2carpros. Com

2CarPros Ken
Hi J. Hollar, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Did you put engine no.1 piston on its compression stroke/TDC and line the camshaft and crankshaft markings as specified and the timing indicator on the pulley on TDC/0 and rotor pointing to the no.1 cap tower? Valve and Ignition timing could be still off

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and test the throttle position sensor and clean out the MAF with an approved cleaner and also clean out the EGR valve.