QUESTION TIMING BELT

1994 Isuzu Rodeo

Engine problem
1994 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 179000 miles

Gentlemen,
I can't figure this one out. My timing belt slipped a few teeth and wouldn't start. I put on a new water pump, a new belt tensioner, a new iming belt and replaced all the outside belts. A few weeks later, I pulled in to my driveway and shutoff the car. Ten minutes later, I returned and tried to start the car- no go. The timing belt slipped again and wouldn't start. This has happened 3 times since I replaced every thing. I getting real good at pulling everything off and putting it back together. But, I sure would like to find out why it's doing this. I checked out the teeth on both cam sprockets and the crank gear. They look okay to me. Any clue as to what is happening?
Chuck
Papachaz

Hello Chuck !

Question: Its " jumping the teeths" witout damaging the timing belt?
Or you had to replace the belt?

If its just jumping the teeths your tensioner has not enough pressure (if its an a spring type) and letting some " slack" on the belt.

Let us know.

Fisherman