COMPRESSOR DRIVE BELT TENSIONER

1992 Isuzu Amigo

1992 Isuzu Amigo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 217000 miles

First off, this is the 2.6L engine for the Amigo. My question - Is there a special trick to loosening the a/c compressor belt tensioner for this vehicle? I tried to loosen the large front-facing nut with no luck. The long bolt that runs along the rear of the tensioner loosened pretty easily, but the tensioner still won't budge at all. The vehicle has been garaged since 2002 and I finally got it running (VERY long story) and it did well for 2 days, but when I was on my way to the parts store to get all the belts and tune-up accessories for it, the altenator/fan belt snapped. I have all of the other 3 belts off, but this 4th belt is giving me lots of trouble. If I can loosen that tensioner, I think I'll be on my way. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me.

Woodsjes

Yes the nut in middle of pully must be loosened then long bolt in back will move pully in housing to loosen and tighten. Counterclockwise suggest 6 point socket and braker bar

Docfixit