ENGINE

1999 Isuzu Amigo

1999 Isuzu Amigo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 118, 00 miles

My car was serviced recently for high idle ( 2 3 @ rest); shreeks when going from a stop to go; and feels like it lunges forward at a stop (and would go if foot wasnt on the brake).

I had an?Air control valve replaced and then removed because the mechanic said that the replacement didn't make a difference. This mechanic tried everything and couldn't find the problem. His last recommendation was that I take it to a dealer because he thinks that the problem is with the computer system in the car.

I want to know if this type of repair is expensive. I don't think I want to repair it if it is, but there are no other problems that I'm aware of.

Thank you
Mommy5girls

Hi, I would check the tps first, (throttle position sensor). This could be faulty and most likely telling the computer that your foot is on the throttle when it is not. Common problem.

Legitimate007