CLEANING FUEL INJECTORS

2002 Hyundai Sonata

2002 Hyundai Sonata 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100060 miles

hi
is it recommended to clean fuel injectors? Is there anything that I should notice to initiate the cleaning or should it be done by default? It recently crossed 100k mile mark. Never cleaned fuel injectors before.
02sonata

You can keep injectors clean by running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner/fuel treatment in with your fuel fill ups.

Bluelightnin6
Thanks for the response! I've used stp fuel injector cleaner bottle 2 times. Should I be using it during every fuel refill? Or is there any frequency of use? Is stp brand good? I read in some of the fourms that it damages nylon in the fuel tank filter. Can you please suggest good brands, that are safe to the car?

02sonata
I prefer Techron myself, but Redline Fuel Cleaner is also good stuff to use. Just read the bottle's directions, some may say every other fill up while other's say every fill up.

Bluelightnin6