TIBURON WHEEL BEARING PROBLEMS

Hyundai Other

I have a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0L 5sp with 50.000 miles. About a month ago I took my car to Rosemurgy/Toyota here in Wausua, WI. Whenever I turned my car left I would get a loud humming noise. The shop diagnosed it as the front left wheel bearing, so I agreed to pay the $150 deductable to get it fixed. At this time they told me that the front right was was starting to go as well. After I left Rosemurgy/Toyota about 10 miles down the road, the same identical noise came back. Whenever I turned my car to the left, my wheel bearing would get really loud as it did before. The wheel bearing noise sounds as if it is coming from the same side. So I took it back in there and they didnt have time to look at it, so I left. Now a month later, I took my car in for a oil change and I told them to test drive it and let me know if its the left bearing. They drove it and said it was the right bearing now. So would the noise still be happening when I turn left and would it still sound like it is coming from the same spot if its now the opposite wheel bearing? Shouldnt they have replaced both of them when they saw the right one was going? They told me that the wheel bearing probably just got really bad when I left the shop the first time so within the 10 miles the noise had come back. Would my right side falter and become that loud that quickly, with the same noises as the left bearing? Am I getting screwed? What should I do? Thank you for your help!
Chris
Mxkidd125cc2004

I've seen this way too many times. I believe the mechanic improperly diagnosed the wheel bearing. A lot of time the noise sound like it's coming from one side when actually it's the other. To properly diagnose, jack the front of the car to where the front wheels are hanging. Apply the emergency brake and put it into neutral. Go to each front tire, spin the wheel while touching the strut spring with your hand. If you feel any vibration then that's the side that bad. I'm sorry this happened and I hope this info helps.

Bootdog